Sometimes we all need some healthy breakfast swaps. A change up to our normal breakfast routine with a healthy spin. If you are trying to improve your health, look at what you are eating for breakfast. You might be able to swap your morning staple for an alternate that tastes just as good but is healthier for your body. Give our healthy breakfast swaps below a try!
- Swap peanut butter for butter on bagels, toast, and more. Peanut butter has fewer calories and packs a protein punch. When you eat more protein in the morning, you will feel fuller longer and hopefully eat less during the day. Try an all natural version of any nut butter for a healthy spin on your morning routine.
- Swap avocado for cream cheese as a breakfast spread. We all love the cream cheese bagel! However if you change it up and add a spread of mashed avocado instead, you will feel fueled the entire day. The avocado is a life saver if you have high cholesterol so eat up!
- Eat an orange instead of drinking orange juice. Did you know that many orange juices at the store contain added sugar? Get the added fiber and skip the sugar by eating a whole orange instead.
- Oatmeal wins out over cereal every single time. If you are a cereal lover, try a bowl of oatmeal instead. You will be skipping the additional sugar in cereal and getting a meal that will keep you full all morning long. Try adding berries, nuts and more for additional health benefits.
- Not all yogurt is created equal. Try unflavored Greek yogurt in the morning with fresh or frozen fruit mixed in. Greek yogurt has the most protein to keep you full. The unflavored version will help you to skip all the added sugar as well. Sweeten with a bit of honey if you find you miss it.
- Love carbs? Try an English muffin instead of your morning bagel. You will save on calories and probably won’t miss it! Remember you can add peanut butter or avocado to that English muffin for additional health benefits.
- Top your pancakes or waffles with fresh fruit instead of the high calorie syrup you are used to. You might also try a dollop of Greek yogurt with the fruit for some additional protein.
- If you need meat in your morning meal, give Canadian bacon a try. This staple will come in at fewer calories overall than the typical breakfast meats of bacon and sausage.
- Sugary coffee drinks from that specialty cafe might be your downfall. Try an iced coffee flavored with a just a little milk and sugar for a healthier alternative.
- Whole grain breads are always the best health swap. Make sure any bread that you are serving up with your morning meal are whole grain. Watch the label for additional sweeteners that may be added to some breads.
Give these 10 healthy breakfast swaps a try today! Most of these are easy substitutions and you may even like the alternative better than the original meal. Add these to your routine and you will look amazing in your Kinimatic bikini this summer!Share this post: