There are several yoga trends in 2016 that you might want to try. Yogis everywhere are trying to put a new spin on yoga. The ancient practice of yoga is getting new life with some of these up and coming trends. Give one or more of these a try in place of your normal yoga routine. You might just fall in love with these new spins on the classic.
10 Yoga Trends for 2016
- Start this winter by giving snowga a try. Bundle up in your coat and try your yoga in the snow. Yoga is all about nature and this is a way to celebrate that year round.
- Did you know that you can take a yoga class in a brewery? If you are a beer lover, this class might just be for you. Combine yoga with happy hour for one great night at brewga. See breweries that offer this here.
- If you have a fur baby, you might want to give doga a try. Practicing yoga with your dog can be a very healing experience. The practice uses the dog in poses as a prop or even a weight.
- Try your yoga routine in a salt room with salty yoga. This is especially helpful for anyone with breathing problems. Salt has been using in Europe and Middle East for therapy and now trendy yogis are picking up the practice in the United States.
- While anti-gravity yoga is not new, it is rising in popularity. The practice uses a hammock for yoga moves in mid air. This allows you to practice yoga without putting strain or stress on your joints.
- Every child of the 80s will want to give voga a try. Combine your love of yoga and your desire to vogue into one awesome workout.
- Yoga for kids is another trend that is rising in popularity. Get your kids excited about exercise by giving yoga a try. Join in for added health benefits for yourself.
- Meditation is also on trend….in huge groups! The Big Quiet is bringing mass meditation events to various cities. Meditate with a few hundred (or thousand!) other people.
- SUP yoga (or stand up paddle board yoga) might take some practice. Get your paddle board and give your yoga poses a try while balancing in the water. Here are 4 poses to try on your SUP.
- Couples yoga is also rising in popularity. Get your partner and try a class together. Fitness with a friend is so much better than alone.
Which of these yoga trends for 2016 have you tried? Which are you going to try this year? Whichever you choose, be sure to try a Yogamatic yoga mat for your routine!Share this post: