It is almost swimsuit season so we thought we would share five exercises to work your abs. With just an exercise ball, you can perform each of these exercise in your own home. Exercise your way to a healthier you and a body you will be proud to show off in a Kinimatic bikini. Spend a few minutes each day on these exercises and work your way up to longer periods of time. Remember that small steps will get you there! Get up off the couch and try these ab exercises tonight.
- Planks are one of the only exercises that engage your entire core. This is a great abdominal exercise that can be done anywhere with no equipment. Start by holding them for a few seconds then working your way up to the maximum amount of time.
- Crunches are the old stand by but you can kick them up a notch by placing an exercise ball under your back. This will increase the intensity and give you a better work out.
- Scissors are another great way to work out your abs without equipment. Lie on your back and lift your heels about 6 inches off the floor. Start rapidly kicking in a scissor like motion without touching your feet to the floor.
- Side planks allow you to kick things up a notch. Rest on one elbow and one foot with your body sideways. Start small and work your way up to holding this one for longer periods of time.
- Use that exercise ball again and try some planks. Perform a traditional plank with your elbows resting on the ball. Attempt to move the ball clockwise or counter-clockwise while maintaining your plank.
Use these five exercises to work your abs and get yourself ready for summer. You will also want to check out our post on how to choose the right swimsuit for your body type. You will be hitting the beach in no time in your very own custom Kinimatic bikini!Share this post: